Mattanu was established in South Africa as a breeding reserve in 1991, consisting of 4,700 hectare (11,614 acres), and has since become a renowned operation for breeding of rare and endangered species of antelope. The sustainability of the breeding operation also relies on the utilization of hunting of older animals. Mattanu is a rare opportunity for one who has a passion for conservation to be an integral part in ensuring the survival of endangered and rare antelope while also preserving our hunting heritage. Mattanu is being offered turnkey. If the new owner desires, Mattanu can easily be expanded to 30,000 acres or more. See broker Comments for additional investment options and information.
Mattanu offers Four Star Luxury Accommodations in tents, thatched-roof cabins and a log cabin. One can enjoy a dip in the pool or a relaxing massage in the spa room.
Visitors can book numerous activities at Mattanu including:
-Helicopter tours of wildlife
-Helicopter tours of Diamond Mines and other area interests
-Dinners in the bush
Mattanu is home to 100’s of bird species from flamingos and cormorants to egrets and cranes.
There are also numerous safari game species including:
-Royal Red Oryx
-Blue and Golden Wildebeest
Water is provided by a drilled well and filtration system. Mattanu also includes 34 ha irrigation water rights.
The breeding operation utilizes veterinary students through a mentorship program with Texas A&M University.
1) Main Lodge. (Bar,Wine cellar,plus Conference Facility for up to 120 people with Carrier Panasonic Air conditioning (7 units)
2) Fire fighting system at lodge with roof & perimeter sprinkler systems. The systems works with a central control board switch in the lodge office for quick activation.
3) 100KVA Electricity supply with underground cabling from the boundary fence, the system is backed up by an emergency John Deere diesel generator set, with 62KVA capacity. The system is fully automatic and delivers power during a power failure, it automatically shuts down once the power supply is restored.
4) Satellite internet system with Wifi zone at main house, lodge and helicopter hanger.
5) Two way radio communication system which can open gates remotely and uses a repeater for communication in a +/- 60km radius.
6) Water pressure booster pumps & water softeners for lodge, tents, main house, main shed complex and hanger.
7) Cellular GSM booster units x 2 – 1 at Main lodge & 1 at Main house to boost cellular phone signal.
8) 2 Bedroom thatched suite and 2 bedroom log cabin with 2 bathrooms each sleeping 4 pax each. Both with own outside boma/braai area
9) Swimming Pool with umbrellas and Sun Loungers.
10) 5 fully furnished Luxury Tents(tile floor with underground heating and Air conditioning)
11) 2 Flats with tiled floor and Air conditioning plus devils fork security fence around
12) Abattoir Cold Room with full complement of meat processing equipment
13) Trophy preparation room
14) Main Shed or Lucerne storage shed with tools, & compressor
15) Helicopter Hangar with adjacent fuel Room with 6 Av gas drums of Fuel + 5 x 20 litre jerry cans.
16) Main House(4 Bedrooms,3 Bathrooms,4Toilets) overlooking a Waterhole with a swimming pool.
17) Accommodation for laborers consisting of three 3-bedroom houses with solar lighting, hot and cold water, Showers (and or bath), flush toilets plus three more single room units sharing Toilet and Shower. Top house fully equipped near Winsorton access.
18) Game Holding pens or Bomas built of Cement Block Bricks consist of 3 Buffalo Bomas 2.1m high(3 compartments each with loading ramps )plus one large Main Boma (4 compartments or big enclosures of minimum 20m by 20m) 2.7m high with loading ramp.
19) Boreholes on property have very good quality drinking water. Borehole 1 which supplies lodge and main complex has an electric submersible pump supplying ten thousand liter tanks which is automatically controlled by float switches, this is main supply to Lodge and tents and main house
20) Auction venue Large auction hall which can accommodate up to 800 people with luxury bathroom facilities and a battery of 20 fully equipped wildlife bomas with water, shade, heat lamps and loading facilities. The auction venue can be used for large functions and is equipped with 4 x large water Coolers.
21) New open air boma for 300 people and camp site (5 stands) with full ablution, splash pool and deck braai area also serving as day visitor area.
The current owners are open to a lease back or management agreement if new owner desired. Full list of game inventory and equipment along with expansion plans to qualified requests.
There is also opportunity to purchase a 30% share which would be included in possible De Beers Diamond Mine purchase of 1,445 hectares (3,570 acres) $2,556,000
Financial verification required to schedule showing.
All units of measure and maps showing property boundaries are approximate. Buyer to verify to their own satisfaction.
This property is offered by The Shockey Collection. All
information provided by The Shockey Collection or their
sales representatives in connection with this property was
acquired from sources deemed reliable and is believed
to be accurate and reliable, however, we do not warrant
its accuracy or completeness. The Shockey Collection
recommends that every item of importance to the purchaser
(i.e. water laws, mineral laws, zoning, land use regulations,
state, federal and private permits) be independently verified
by the purchaser and/or purchaser’s attorney
The Premier Tier properties must meet the criteria minimums for all 9 categories.
1. Overall Quality
2. Trophy Quality
3. Wildlife Populations
7. Culinary Experience
9. Wildlife Habitat